how high was Elvis and an average supermodel ?

30 April 2010

When I was a child we had a white wall in our hallway which my parents used as a big notice board. We wrote telephone numbers and addresses there and also my mum would mark our heigh every so often. The wall is now gone but I would love to create similar thing in our home. I have been playing with the idea for a very long time and still can't decide where and what to do. The position of the height chart has moved from the upstairs landing to A. bedroom and now I have set my mind on the kitchen wall, I just have to decide what to do. I have this vivid idea in my head of black painted chalkboard tape running from the ceiling to the floor, one side would be a tape measure the second one we would mark the height of the kids. But there is no time...So I might just buy one of these. So what do you think? Which one would you go for?
This 'tape measure' from Graham and Green is so far my favourite.
What a great idea! I have seen something similar as a mirror as well.
1. Graham and Green 2. Bodie and Fou 3. I want one of Those 4. Ferm Living 5. The Gifted Penguin

9 comments:

  1. The graham and green one looks brilliant - I'd be tempted by that one if the colours work where you want to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tape measure idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go Graham Greene, I have also seen a simlar idea on another site http://www.studio1am.com
    Have a great weekend
    Engracia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - the Elvis one is a winner! However I think the blue one next to it is from Bold and Noble, I have lots of their prints and they are just beautiful. I think they use special dyes etc. Anyway - anything that records the wonder of growing from little squat to tall and lovely is good in my book x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny. We have the same memories. Which is why we sell that wall chart at Pedlars...and it does amazingly. BUT, we're not here to sell stuff. Just to say that this blog is great! CandCx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the (red) towering animals is very sweet - that would be my choice. Have you changed your Logo? I think you have... It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh it's a definite tie between the tape measure and the 'I'm As Big As'.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. just talking about starting a height chart this morning. The Elvis one makes me laugh but I'm thinking of doing something homemade maybe with old yard sticks. haven't totally figured it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you heather and charlie and caroline!

    ReplyDelete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger